Advanced Facilitation Skills
To enable participants to build their facilitation skills by learning a variety of advanced techniques for supporting groups to share information and experiences and reach decisions. (Note: The course does not cover issues around facilitating training courses).
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Maintain a high energy level in a group
- Pace the forum by speeding up or slowing down the group
- Use DeBono’s Six Hats approach to structure and manage the forum
- Use metaplanning during facilitation
- Use the non-verbal facilitation techniques of attitude scaling, drawing andsculpting
- Promote highest common denominator consensus
- Manage an individual who is resistant or entrenched
- Get past an impasse in a group
- Handle a challenge of the facilitator in a professional and calm mannerLevelThis course is for people who have experience of facilitating groups and know the principles of facilitation.
The emphasis in this course is on practice. Participants will have the opportunity to try each of the techniques learnt.
For further information, please contact our lead person for Communication & Work Management Liz Burgess:
- +44 (0)20 7538 9387