Influencing and Persuading
About the Course
Managerial success increasingly depends on our ability to influence rather than calling on organisational authority. Whether your ‘influence target’ is internal or external, the psychological and physical tools you’ll learn on this programme will greatly enhance your success rate.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Explain the purpose, ethics and benefits of influencing
- Confidently use the language of influence
- Define your influence goals in relation to your target(s)
- Feel what it’s like to be on the receiving end of your influence efforts
- Determine which kind of influence is appropriate for your needs and context
- Maximise the sources of power available to you
- Exploit six psychological principles of persuasion
- Construct an influence road-map
This is an intense programme which covers a lot of ground in one day. Attendees will be asked to come ready to discuss a current/upcoming situation wherein success depends on their ability to influence.
The day will involve a rich combination of theoretical input, practical exercises and small group discussions. Each attendee will come away with an influence road-map to deliver on their personal goal.
For further information, please contact our lead person for Leadership & Management, Sean Murphy:
• +44 (0)20 7538 9387