To enable participants to manage conflict situations which arise in the workplace.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Define conflict and the types and levels of conflict
- Recognise the potential causes of conflict
- List the responsibilities of a manager when faced with conflict and his/her primaryresponsibility
- Describe your personal tendencies when faced with conflict
- Distinguish the five conflict-handling behaviours and when they are helpful andunhelpful
- Choose the best role to adopt when managing a particular conflict – arbitrator,mediator, negotiator
- Plan a structure and process to manage different conflicts
This course is highly participatory and involves individual work as well as working in small and large groups. It will culminate in using scenarios with external role players to practice analysing and dealing with conflict.
For further information, please contact our lead person for Communication & Work Management Liz Burgess:
- +44 (0)20 7538 9387