To enable participants to gain some basic skills and a greater understanding of how to carry out successful negotiations.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Define negotiation
- State the possible outcomes of a negotiation and the best outcome to aim toward
- Explain the stages of a negotiation and how much time should be invested in each
- Distinguish between negotiation, mediation and arbitration
- Plan and prepare an effective negotiation
- Use the key negotiation skills of questioning, defining, listening and using silence
- Structure a formal negotiation process
- Construct a formal negotiation meeting
- Evaluate negotiations
This course will focus on more formal negotiations, such as those undertaken with landlords, suppliers, funders, contractors, etc. Some of the skills and approaches are transferable to ‘softer’ negotiations with colleagues, team members etc.
For further information, please contact our lead person for Communication & Work Management Liz Burgess:
- +44 (0)20 7538 9387