Practical Performance Management
About the Course
This two-day course focuses on getting the best out of others through performance management: possibly the most crucial task for a manager. It’s a programme chock full of techniques and approaches that place performance optimisation at the heart of managerial focus.
And just to keep it grounded, participants have the opportunity to test and hone their skills through interaction in a variety of real-life, scenarios with our professional actors – for many the most challenging and rewarding aspect of the two days. We will always adapt the scenarios to the circumstances of individual organisations to ensure maximum application.
To enable participants to be forward thinking in the management of performance, to plan for and inspire the best from people and to be fair, transparent and robust when things don’t go right.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Describe what performance management means and why it is crucial to everyday management and organisational practice
- Explain how the different elements of the performance management cycle relate to each other
- Describe the effects of effective performance management on an individual’s motivation
- Apply Goal Setting theory to individual and team work
- Increase the level of objectivity when evaluating performance
- Celebrate and model excellent performance
- Constructively challenge underperformance or poor behaviour
- Diagnose the cause of any underperformance
- Manage problem performance as soon as it occurs
- Confidently manage crucial and sometimes difficult conversations
For further information, please contact our lead person for Leadership & Management, Sean Murphy:
• +44 (0)20 7538 9387